Time Management Tips
How often do you wish you could have more time … “just five more minutes should do it.”? We all do. Seems, even with today’s technology time still gets away, wasted, and lost forever, never to be recovered again. How can you improve time management? There a few ways to get started.
First, REALIZE your time is not being managed effectively. Second, EXPLORE a few tips listed below and third, EXECUTE the tips you feel best suits your day to day life. There are many great sources available, here are a few that seem to help the most:
- Determine Realistic Goals: Daily, Weekly, and/or Monthly. Start smart by creating only daily goals then move to weekly and then monthly
- Write them down and keep them visible.
- Rank the list based on the level of urgency. Use your own key words like: Priority or Red Hot Now, Urgent or Get it Done, and Important or Soon.
- Use a calendar to create a schedule with realistic deadlines and rankings.
- Minimize distractions. Close your door, turn off your cell phone, stay off social media, all these distractions can drain your time.
- Learn to say no. More importantly, learn to ask the question “how important is this and do I have time to complete the task?”
- Purge. Purge. Purge your list. As you complete a task, remove it. If a task has remained on the list for longer than a month, it’s time to reevaluate the importance. It may be time to pass that onto someone else or remove it permanently.
Once you have determined to become more proficient with your time, be careful not to fall in the over organizing trap of wasting more time trying to prioritize and creating lists. By starting slow and building on the new habit, it will become more natural and easier. Remember this is Time Management and it takes time (pun intended) to master.
Stay up to date by subscribing to our mailing list.